Standard Armoring Details
- Entire passenger compartment armored with light synthetic fiber laminates and air hardened, heat treated ballistic alloys
- Includes doors, roof, floor, pillar posts, etc. while minimizing added weight
- Original glass replaced with layered glass, acrylic, polycarbonate laminates
- Maintains the original appearance and design with superior optics
- Reinforced suspension
- Run-flat tires
- Elitus Overlaps system
- Armored battery, radiator protection, ECM and fuel tank
- Operable windows available
Frequently Asked Questions
Military hummers are not street legal, unlike civilian Hummers like the Hummer H1. Used Humvees from upcoming equipment auctions usually lists these Humvees as off-road only, typically not having the hardware needed to pass a standard DMV inspection.
There are all sorts of premium upgrades and improvements you can get on your former military use vehicle. You can fit it to carry firearms and become an even more tactical vehicle. There are many popular types of upgrades available.
A special forces Humvee is one of the top military vehicles around in the United States. If properly cared for it can last upwards of 500,000 miles. The high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle (Humvee HMMWV) is usually a three-speed automatic transmission.
Humvee insurance premiums can be on the steep side. The average premium is well over $1,000.