Simple Reminders for Driving Your New Armored Car
Congratulations on your new armored car! As you embark on your journey with enhanced security and peace of mind, it’s important to remember a few key considerations for a smooth and safe driving experience. In this blog post, we will provide you with simple reminders to keep in mind when driving your new armored vehicle, ensuring optimal performance and safety.
Familiarize Yourself with the Vehicle:
Take the time to familiarize yourself with the features and handling of your new armored car. Remember these essential reminders:
- Read the Owner’s Manual: Review the manufacturer’s manual to understand the specific functions, safety features, and maintenance requirements of your armored vehicle.
- Practice Driving: Spend some time driving in a familiar area to get a feel for the vehicle’s handling, braking, and acceleration. Adjust to any differences compared to your previous vehicle.
Adjust Driving Habits:
Driving an armored car may require slight adjustments to your driving habits. Keep these reminders in mind:
- Increased Vehicle Weight: An armored car is typically heavier than regular vehicles. Allow for increased braking distance and adjust your driving accordingly.
- Acceleration and Maneuvering: Due to the added weight, acceleration may be slightly slower. Plan your overtaking and merging maneuvers accordingly, maintaining a safe distance from other vehicles.
- Smooth Cornering: Maintain a controlled speed when cornering to account for the vehicle’s weight and to ensure stability.
Good Habits to Maintain
As with driving any car there are always good habits to maintain and be aware of with your armored car. Consider these reminders:
- Seat belts: Due to your newly armored vehicle, it has been designed to not let a bullet pass through, that also means letting something pass through from the inside of the vehicle. For that purpose ALWAYS wear a seatbelt, as a car accident could cause serious injury to you or any passengers.
- Parking: When looking for parking spaces look for areas that are protected from the sun. Drastic changes in temperature could damage your glass. So protecting it from the sun will keep your glass in the best condition possible.
- Avoid slamming the doors: Most armored vehicles only come with the drivers window capable of rolling down. But make sure to close all windows before closing a door because it could damage the windows from the force.
- Restrain from driving with the windows rolled down, because of the weight of the glass the vibrations from driving could break the glass.
Service and Maintenance:
Regular servicing and maintenance are key to the longevity and performance of your armored vehicle. Remember these important points:
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner’s manual, including oil changes, filter replacements, and inspections.
As you embark on the road with your new armored car, keep these simple reminders in mind to ensure a safe and enjoyable driving experience. Familiarize yourself with the vehicle, adjust your driving habits accordingly, maintain situational awareness, and prioritize regular service and maintenance. By following these reminders, you can maximize the performance, longevity, and safety of your armored car while enjoying the enhanced security it provides. If you have any other questions give us a call here at Armormax.